Flood Doctor is proud to announce that it has become an accredited Corporate Member of BDMA, the British Damage and Management Association. This accreditation is a testament to our commitment to providing the highest quality damage management services to our clients.
Jump to Links
What is the British Damage Management Association (BDMA)?
BDMA is an organisation dedicated to promoting excellence in the field of damage management. Its members are industry professionals, including insurers, loss adjusters, surveyors, and restorers. The organisation provides training, guidance, and accreditation to its members to ensure they meet the highest standards of professionalism and expertise.
ACCREDITED CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP of the BDMA requires organisations to meet stringent criteria and will only be achieved by companies who have a strong core of professionally qualified staff supported by robust policies and procedures.
The process may take a number of years to complete for some organisations, especially those beginning the journey to accreditation with their staff. Criteria are audited biennially and must be continued to be met to maintain accredited status.
From the Corporate Accreditation BDMA Website available at:
Becoming a Corporate Member of BDMA requires meeting rigorous criteria, including demonstrating technical competence, having robust policies and procedures, adherence to ethical standards, and a commitment to ongoing professional development. Flood Doctor has worked hard to meet these requirements and is proud to have achieved this important accreditation.
Criteria for Corporate Members of BDMA
To list a few specifics for the attaining the accreditation, these include, but are not limited, to the following:
- 25% of qualifying staff are BDMA Tech (including Claims Tech, Insurance Tech, Comm Tech and Specialist Restorer), by examination or due process.
- Firms must have in place core values, business practices, and a diversity and inclusion policy that align with the BDMA Code of Ethics.
- Corporate Accredited Membership is subject to board review and approval at application and biennial renewal.
As a BDMA Corporate Member, Flood Doctor has access to the organisation's resources and expertise, which we can use to further improve our services. We will also have opportunities to collaborate with other BDMA members, sharing knowledge and best practices to improve the overall quality of damage management services in the UK.
Why Use A BDMA Corporate Member?
One of the benefits of working with a BDMA Corporate Member like Flood Doctor is that you can be confident in the quality of the services you receive. We have undergone a rigorous accreditation process that has verified our technical competence, ethical standards, and commitment to ongoing professional development.
At Flood Doctor, we understand the importance of responding quickly to any type of damage within your property. The longer these damages aren't handled in your home or business, the more damage it can cause. That's why we offer 24/7 emergency services, so you can get help when you need it most. Our team of experienced professionals has the knowledge and equipment needed to quickly and effectively mitigate flood damage, minimising the impact on your property and your life.
Flood Doctor's Other Accreditations
In addition to our BDMA accreditation, Flood Doctor is also a member of other industry organisations, including:
- Achilles Certified - Identifying Flood Doctor as being reliable and trustworthy, delivering quality products and services.
- Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) - Internationally recognised certification regarding health and safety, mostly relating to the construction industry.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) certified - Acknowledgement, training and certified for working on building sites.
- British Standards Institution (BSI) certified - Recognised and certified in achieving national standards body of the United Kingdom.
- Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) formerly known as DBS checked to check criminal convictions.
- Dewpoint accredited - Certified in mould, water ingress and flood damage restoration at all levels.
These memberships further demonstrate our commitment to providing high-quality services to our clients.
Becoming an accredited Corporate Member of BDMA is an important achievement for Flood Doctor. It demonstrates our commitment to providing high-quality flood restoration services to our clients and our dedication to ongoing professional development.
We are proud to be a part of this esteemed organization and look forward to continuing to provide the best possible services to our clients. If you need damage restoration services, contact the Flood Doctor team today to experience the difference that working with a BDMA Corporate Member can make.